Financial Spreads Offers Clients Access to Market Heat Maps
Investors can now review heat maps for a wide range of financial markets via the FinancialSpreads.com Research and Data section.
FinancialSpreads.com, the UK financial trading website, now gives its clients free access to heat maps for a wide range of UK and international shares.
The heat maps, which have been created by Digital Look, give investors a quick view of the market hot spots and cold spots.
As well as highlighting large share price movements over a given period, the maps can be applied to companies and sectors using different sets of criteria such as:
- Broker Opinions
- Director Deals
- Technical Analysis Indicators
- Share Performance Ratios
Stock Market Heat Maps
The maps can be used to review shares listed in a particular country, or on a specific stock market index, and therefore highlight which shares are rising/falling the most over a given time period.
The maps can be applied to:
- UK shares e.g. FTSE 100, FTSE 250, FTSE 350, FTSE Small Cap, FTSE All-Share, and techMARK
- US shares e.g. Dow Jones, S+P 500 and NASDAQ 100
- German shares e.g. DAX 30 and MDAX
- French shares e.g. CAC 40
- Irish shares e.g. ISEQ 20
Stock Market Sector Heat Maps
The sector heat maps let traders compare how whole sectors are performing against each other. It is also possible to drill down and review the performance of companies within a particular sector. Sectors include:
- Construction and Materials
- Financial Services
- Mobile Telecommunications
- Oil and Gas Producers
Broker Opinions Analysis
The mapping can be used to give a quick overview of the current broker buy, hold and sell opinions
. It is also possible to drill down and see historical opinions and target prices.
Director Deals Analysis
The Director Deals heat maps
highlight which firms are being bought and sold the most by the people who run the firms.
Technical Analysis Heat Maps
Using the Research and Data section, investors can quickly apply technical analysis indicators to the shares in a stock market index such as the FTSE 100 or DAX 30 and show the results as a heat map. Technical analysis indicators include:
- Relative Strength Index (RSI)
- Average True Range
For example, a trader could opt for a heat map which shows the MACD for shares in the S+P 500 index. The map would quickly highlight which shares have a low, very low, high or very high MACD signal.
Share Performance Heat Maps
Heat maps can also be applied to a range of share performance/company performance categories, such as:
- Profitability e.g. Earning/Share
- Valuation Ratios e.g. Price/Book, Price/Sales and Price/Earnings
- Income Ratios e.g. Dividend Yield
- Profit/Loss Account e.g. Revenue, Pre-Tax Profit and Post-Tax Profit
- Balance Sheet e.g. Total Cash and Shareholder Funds
- Company Basics e.g. Market Capitalisation and Shares in Issue
Research and data tools are provided by third parties which are completely independent from Financial Spreads and should not be taken as investment advice.
Spread betting and CFD trading carry a high level of risk to your capital and can result in losses that exceed your initial deposit. They may not be suitable for everyone, so please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.
Further details, including how to access the heat maps
, can be found on the financialspreads.com website.
Example Screenshot from Digital Look - Technical Analysis Heat Map:
With a FinancialSpreads.com account, investors can access over 2,500 global markets including stock indices like the UK 100 index, forex markets like euro/dollar and commodities like gold and crude oil.
A broad range of individual shares listed on stock exchanges in the UK, America, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Scandinavia, South Africa and Spain is also available.
Financial Spreads is a trading name of London Capital Group Ltd (LCG) which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Original press release: 25 May 2013
- as of 14 Sept 2015, Financial Spreads is a trading name of Clear Investor Ltd. which is an appointed representative of FINSA Europe Ltd., company no: 07073413. FINSA Europe Ltd. is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, registered number 525164. Registered Address: 9th Floor, 30 Crown Place, London, EC2A 4ES, UK.
The information and comments provided herein under no circumstances are to be considered an offer or solicitation to invest and nothing herein should be construed as investment advice. The information provided is believed to be accurate at the date the information is produced.