Losses can exceed deposits
Monthly Trader Rebate Examples
Monthly Trader Rebate Example 1
Monthly Trader Rebate Example 2
- 50 closed trades on the Germany 30 (1pt spread) with a £5 stake creates £250 in spread costs and releases a Trader Rebate of £250 x 10% = £25
The following creates £1140 in spread costs and so gives Trader Rebate of £1140 x 10% = £114:
Monthly Rebate Tiers
- 25 closed trades on Brent Crude oil (3pt spread) with a £10 stake (£750 in Spread), and
- 100 closed trades on EUR/USD (0.7pt spread) with a £5 stake (£350 in Spread), and
- 25 closed trades on the UK 100 (0.8pt spread) with a £2 stake (£40 in Spread)
| Spread Traded in the Calendar Month || Rebate Tier |
| £4,000 || 20% |
| £1,500 - £3,999 || 15% |
| £250 - £1,499 || 10% |
| Less than £249 || 0% |
Monthly Trader Rebate Terms and Conditions
- Accounts are subject to status.
- Clients must be at least 18 years old.
- This offer is only available to Financial Spreads clients.
- This offer is limited to:
- One per person,
- One per household
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, bonus or rebate, unless explicitly stated in the terms and conditions of that particular offer.
- This offer runs from 1 July 2017 to 30 November 2017 inclusive.
- Clients automatically qualify for this offer when they trade at least £250 in spread costs in a calendar month.
- If you trade less than £250 in spread costs in a calendar month then you will not qualify for a Trader Rebate for that month.
- The maximum Trader Rebate is £2,500 per month.
- The Trader Rebate percentage is calculated depending upon spread you have traded during the calendar month.
| Spread Traded in the Calendar Month || Rebate Tier |
| £5,000 || 20% |
| £2,500 - £4,999 || 15% |
| £1000 - £2,499 || 10% |
| £500 - £999 || 5% |
| Less than £499 || 0% |
- "Spread" is defined as "the difference between the sell and buy price multiplied by the stake divided by two".
- Spread is generated on the opening leg of a trade.
- Spread is generated on closing leg of a trade unless the market is a futures market and your trade is closed when the market expires, if so, your trade is settled at the market price and so no spread is generated on the closing leg of that trade.
- With share trades the underlying market spread is excluded. Only the Spread we add to the underlying market is included in the Spread calculation for shares.
- We will calculate the spread cost according to the amount staked, or number of contracts for each trade, and our normal in-hours spread.
Spread Bet "Spread" Calculation Example
The Financial Spreads spread on the UK 100 is 0.8 and so a £5 per point spread bet generates (0.8 x £5) / 2 = £2 on both the opening and closing trade.
Trader Rebate Example
If a client placed trades with a Spread of £5,000 within one calendar month then their trader Rebate would be £5,000 x 20% = £1,000.
If a client placed trades with a Spread of £2,500 within one calendar month then their trader Rebate would be £2,500 x 15% = £375.
CFD "Spread" Calculation Example
With CFD trades, and in order to calculate the spread you have traded, the base currency of any CFD trades is converted to your account currency, at the Financial Spreads spot rate.
If you place 160 opening trades of 5 contracts on the Wall Street CFD (1pt spread) then the total spread you have traded is calculated as:
Number of opening trades x contracts x spread x the prevailing exchange rate between the base currency of the instrument and your account currency.
If your Financial Spreads account is based in GBP then the above would be 160 trades x 5 contracts x 1pt spread x 0.750 exchange rate = a total Spread of £600.
This would give a 5% Trader Rebate of £600 x 5% = £30.
- For positions opened during the Trading Qualification Period but still open at the end of the Trading Qualification Period only the opening leg will be included.
- For positions opened prior to Trading Qualification Period but closed during the Trading Qualification Period only the closing leg will be included.
- For the avoidance of doubt, "Demo" trades will not count towards this rebate scheme
To Claim the Trader Rebate
- You do not need to claim the Trader Rebate, we will automatically check to see if you have qualified.
- If you have qualified for the Trader Rebate then it will be automatically added to your Financial Spreads account within 15 working days of the end of the month.
- Once the Trader Rebate has been added to your Financial Spreads account there are no release criteria and the Trader Rebate money can be withdrawn.
- The Trader Rebate can only be withdrawn if it does not create a margin call and/or a negative cash balance.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that, if a Trader Rebate is due to you, the correct amount has been added to your Financial Spreads account.
- Any dispute regarding the Trader Rebate must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days of the end the calendar month that the rebate relates to.
- If you do not wish to take part in this Trader Rebate, please email email@example.com and ask to opt-out.
- Any offer which states that a bonus will be made to your account means that an equivalent cash credit will be made to your account.
- Financial Spreads will not be liable for any losses that you may incur as a result of any qualifying trades or trading with the Trader Rebate amount or removal of the Trader Rebate in line with these terms (i.e. if removal creates a margin call or closure of positions).
- Where applicable any currency equivalent calculations will be made at the Financial Spreads spot rate.
- This offer is subject to fair use policy and consequently we have the right to withhold this offer when we have reasonable belief that there has been co-operation, collusion or organisation of trades from the same source, or if we have reasonable belief that the offer is being abused in any way.
- Although rare, Financial Spreads reserves the right to adjust the Trader Rebate amount should it deem the trading not to have occurred during normal market conditions and/or for normal market trade sizes.
- Financial Spreads reserves the right to amend, withdraw or restrict this offer at any time without notice.
- This Trader Rebate is not open to employees of Financial Spreads or employees of any other company engaged in direct competition with Financial Spreads.
- We are the sole arbiter of these rules and any other issue arising under this promotion.
Last update of these Terms and Conditions: 21 August 2017.